Monday, July 4, 2011

Hungry Hungry (Not) Hippo

My appetite has been huge lately. I've eaten more in one day than I can remember having eaten in one day ever, even on Risperdal (an anti-psychotic, used to treat bipolar disorder, caused increased appetite). But, unlike with Risperdal, I am still losing weight. My mother told me it's a sign of illness. No shit, sherlock. As if I didn't already know I was sick. No progress has been made yet in trying to get my prognosis out of my doctor, but after the holiday is over, I will keep trying.

I think when I'm well again, I'm going to make some lifestyle changes. I want to start working out. I've already started eating healthier, but I want to continue doing it after I get better. I can't use my illness as the only excuse for taking better care of myself. Because I'll stay healthy if I keep doing it. I hope to try and keep my junk food habit at bay by learning to like produce. And I'm well on my way to that goal. My mom's cream of broccoli soup is to die for, and I like homemade strawberry smoothies (but maybe I need to put less sugar in them). But right now, I really need to stop talking about food and try and exercise some self-control. My metabolism (and all of my other bodily processes) may be extremely fast now, but it's not always going to be this way, I'm sure of it.

Time to finish watching the Independence Day festivities on TV. Sure, it's the same old thing, but it helps keep my mind off of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment